Protect Your Mesa Area Home With Whole House Surge Protection
Your home in the Phoenix Metro area is vulnerable to a few different types of surges that can damage your home’s appliances, electronics and electric system. Lightning and downed power lines can cause serious surges that can cause thousands of dollars of damage, while smaller surges originating from your own appliances can accumulate similar damage over a longer amount of time.
Get the ultimate protection against surges with a whole house surge protection installation from Minuteman Home Services.
On average it will cost between $350 - $800 to have a whole house surge protector installed in your home. This price includes cost of installation and the device itself. Some factors that could influence the price include:
- Subpanel - If you have a subpanel, you will need to install a separate surge protector to cover it.
- Surge Protector - The type and brand of surge protector you choose, as well as how much power it can handle, will affect the price.
- Warranty - An extended warranty will typically be more expensive. Make sure to choose a warranty that protects against “workmanship defects” for maximum coverage.
For a more accurate price estimate, contact Minuteman Home Services. We are happy to provide you with a free quote on a whole home surge protector as well as answer any questions you may have.
The best way to protect your house from power surges is to have a whole house surge protector installed by an electrician. Some benefits of this device include:
- Protection against power surges for every electronic device in your home without having to purchase individual power strips on each outlet. Surges are unpredictable and can be devastating. They can come from lightning strikes, utility companies, downed power lines and even your own appliances.
- Surge protectors have been shown to extend the life of your electronics by stopping minor surges that you may not even notice.
We are happy to help answer your questions on whole house surge protectors. Contact Minuteman Services today!
A whole house surge protector works by either blocking or directing to the ground excess surges in power if the voltage exceeds a certain amount. It protects from both internal and external power surges. Many of us do not think of internal surges harming other appliances we own, but experts estimate that 60 - 80% of surges come from your own major appliances cycling on and off. A whole house surge protector is installed to your electrical box and must be properly grounded or else will not function as it should. It is highly recommended that you hire a licensed electrician for this type of work to ensure safety and functionality.
The Benefits of Whole House Surge Protection
A whole house surge protector is a small investment compared to the payback you will receive:
- Protection Against Sudden Damage - These devices are strong enough to absorb extreme power surges such as those caused by lightning strikes.
- Protection Against Hidden Surges - It’s estimated that about 80% of surges originate within your own home, especially when large appliances such as your HVAC system cycle on.
- Superior Results - You can spend money on many point-of-use surge protectors, but you probably can’t cover every possible area that you need covered. A surge protector meant for your entire home will do a more comprehensive job.
Replacing expensive appliances prematurely because of electrical damage, let alone having to replace any of your electronics, is not something you have to risk. A simple, professional whole house surge protector from an experienced minuteman electrician will slash the chances.
The Team That Can Help is a Quick Call Away
Throughout Phoenix, Mesa, Sun City and surrounding areas, Minuteman Home Services is ready for action. We’ve been trusted since 1980 for fast and readily available professional service. With protective guarantees, licensing, insurance and an up-front, written pricing guide, we do everything we can to put the customer first.
Dial 602-279-0942 to immediately get in touch with someone who can help set up a convenient appointment for whole house surge protection installation.